Frequently Asked Questions

Are the courses approved to satisfy the educational component of my J-1 Visitor Exchange Visa?
Yes, our University Director of Government Relations has researched the Educational Component and the guidelines are as states; Au pairs must complete six semester hours (or their equivalent) of academic credit in a formal educational setting at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution. LIU Post is an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution. Please view the J-1 Visa education component.

Is Long Island University an accredited University?
YES, Long Island University is accredited by the Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges.

Can anyone enroll in these courses?
Au pairs, University Students, International Students, nannies and continuing education students are all welcome.

Are the courses regular University courses which grant credit toward a degree?
The courses offered for au pairs are special interest classes and do not earn credit toward a college degree. These courses, however, do meet the credit course requirements for the educational component of the J-1 Visa requirements.

Where will the classes be conducted?
Classes are always held at the LIU Post campus | 720 Northern Blvd, Brookville New York.

If I want to register for a course, when do I have to pay?
The payment must be completed online at the time of registration.

How do I get confirmation of being registered?
Once you are registered and paid, you will receive a verification email that will serve as your registration.

Does LIU Post campus have internet access?
Yes, LIU Post Au Pair Program provides each student almost everywhere on campus with free and fast Internet access. To use the Wi-Fi network students will be given a username and password at check-in on the start date of their course.

How long will it take for me to get my letter of course completion?
All students must bring their completed homework assignment with them to class on Friday. The completion certificate will be emailed to them within the week after you complete the course.

What is given as proof of completion for the course?
A certificate of completion will be emailed within the week after you complete the course, and all homework and assignments are satisfactorily completed.

What if I need a document stamped for my home country or agency?
We will stamp and sign all documents for your home country and agency; we must receive on Friday at check-in before your course and will be given back to you at the conclusion of the weekend course with your completion letter.

What if I misplaced or lost my completion letter from a course?
The college will send a duplicate completion certificate to the address requested. Send a request including course name, date and student name to A fee of $12 payable by credit card will be required to send the duplicate.