CCR employs a we-run-it-ourselves way of doing things. Members share responsibility in curriculum planning, subject selection, and class presentations.
Each semester’s curriculum consists of whatever subjects the members choose; it changes from semester to semester. The subjects cover a wide variety of topics.
Here are the Fall and Spring 2019-2020 courses for which the members voted:
Miscellaneous “potpourri” topics (one class session each) and guest speakers will be included in the program, as well.
All participation is voluntary. Enrollees may attend all or selected classes as they wish. There are no exams or required homework—classes are to be enjoyed!
Annual and semester memberships are available, and membership fees remain extremely reasonable. New members may join anytime during the year.
CCR sessions are scheduled two or three days a week (Tuesday and Thursday OR Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday) from September to May with a winter recess in January. The morning sessions run from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. followed by a brown bag lunch from 11:30 a.m. to noon. The afternoon sessions run from noon to 1 p.m.
The spring semester commences on Tuesday February 18th.
1. Week of February 17—Tuesday and Thursday classes
2. Week of February 24—Tuesday and Thursday classes
3. Week of March 2—Tuesday and Thursday classes
4. Week of March 9—Tuesday and Thursday classes
5. Week of March 16—Tuesday and Thursday classes
6. Week of March 23—Tuesday and Thursday classes
7. Week of March 30—Monday, Tuesday and Thursday classes
The week of April 6 is the Passover/Easter week. No classes.
8. Week of April 13—Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday classes
9. Week of April 20—Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday classes
10. Week of April 27—Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday classes
11. Week of May 4—Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday classes
12. Week of May 11—Monday and Tuesday classes
The end-of-term luncheon is on Thursday May 14th.
CCR is administered through the Office of Continuing Education of Long Island University located on the campus of Suffolk Community College in Riverhead, phone number 631-287-8010, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CCR is in the LIU Building that faces Parking Lot #3 on the Suffolk Community College Campus in Riverhead. CCR classes are held in Room 6.
Join the LIU Riverhead Community!
We can't wait to welcome you to LIU Riverhead.
The application process is quick and easy, but if you have
any questions, our admissions counselors are here to help.
© Long Island University
121 Speonk Riverhead Road,
Riverhead, New York 11901-3499