LIU Post Parent & Family Connection
As a parent or family member of a LIU Post student, you play a significant role in your college student’s success here on campus. LIU Post is an exciting and diverse institution, offering many opportunities and programs to ensure your son or daughter has the best learning experience possible. Post Parent and Family Connection is your gateway to learning more about the services and resources that foster a strong bond between the University, students and parents. We will keep you up-to-date on campus events and activities throughout the year. We are here to help answer your questions and offer guidance on your son or daughter’s continued path to success.
Services and Activities
- Post Parent and Family Connection e-newsletter featuring information about campus activities and events, student services and new programs
- Invitations to special events at LIU Post, including athletics, career networking activities and lectures
- Workshops for parents on important issues — financial aid, public safety, transitioning to the college life environment)
- Involvement in Campus activities — Parent Orientation, Convocation, Homecoming & Family Day, Family Night at Tilles Center
- Opportunities for you to assist the University in planning events and programs of particular interest to parents and to see as ambassadors of the University
Do You Want to Go Back to School?
When you hear about the exciting new opportunities your child is experiencing at LIU Post, you might want to earn your degree too! If you ever thought about returning to college to complete your bachelor’s degree, pursue a master’s degree or enroll in continuing education courses, LIU Post’s Office for Non-Traditional Students can offer the guidance you need to get started.
A college education is a big investment. LIU Post’s Financial Assistance counselors are available throughout your son or daughter’s education to work closely with you to make sure he/she receives the highest amount of aid possible. Most important, our counselors can assist you in completing the Renewal FAFSA, which must be filed annually to apply for federal and state grants and loans and campus-based scholarships.