Parents & Family
Choosing a college is one of the most important decisions your child/family member will ever have to make. At LIU Post, we work with the entire family to ensure that each and every student acquires a well-rounded education - one that prepares them personally and professionally. This is a very exciting time for you and your loved one. We urge you to become involved and to explore all that our campus has to offer.
What makes the LIU Post the right choice for your family member?
Many LIU Post students are the first in their family to earn a college degree. Below you will find information to help you guide your child/family member in making the critical decisions that lie ahead.
"From the moment my daughter, Farran, arrived at LIU Post, she felt an instant connection to the campus. She made friends quickly, enjoyed her classes and became involved with many clubs." -Beth Hausler
Important Dates to Remember
- December 10
Last Day of Regular Classes
- December 11 - 12
Study/Snow Days/Alternate Class Days
- December 13 - 19
Final Examination/Final Class Meetings
- December 20
- January 17
Conferral of January Degrees
Upcoming Admissions & Financial Aid Events
- 12/07/2013 - LIU Post Admissions Event Dec 7, Admissions Office / Mullarkey Hall, Walk-In Admissions Day
- 12/09/2013 - 12/13/2013 - LIU Post Admissions Event Dec 9-13, Admissions Office/Mullarkey Hall, December Registration Week
- 12/11/2013 - Palmer School NYC Open House Dec 11, Avery Fisher Center of the Bobst Library, Palmer School of Library and Information Science Open House
- 12/14/2013 - College Affordability and Financial Aid Seminars Dec 14, Humanities Hall, Room 119, College Affordability & Financial Aid Seminar
- 12/21/2013 - LIU Post Admissions Event Dec 21, Admissions Office / Mullarkey Hall, Freshman Instant Decision Day
- 01/10/2014 - Transfer Friday Jan 10, Admissions Office/Mullarkey Hall, Transfer Friday
- 01/14/2014 - Enrollment Services Day Jan 14, Admissions Office/Mullarkey Hall, Enrollment Services Day
- 01/18/2014 - College Affordability and Financial Aid Seminar Jan 18, Humanities Hall, Room 119, College Affordability & Financial Aid Seminar
- 01/11/2014 - Admissions Advising Day Jan 11, Admissions Office / Mullarkey Hall, Admissions Advising Day
- 01/25/2014 - Freshman Instant Decision Day Jan 25, Admissions Office / Mullarkey Hall, Freshman Instant Decision Day
Parents & Family of Current Students
Be a part of your son or daughter’s college experience at LIU Post. Learn more about the Post Parent & Family Connection, including activities, events and special programs.