The University will temporarily clear student account balances, if the student presents written authorization from a third party or sponsoring company that intends to make payment on behalf of the student. Examples include, but are not limited to, the Board of Education, Verizon and JPMorgan Chase.
The University offers this third-party bill clearance to accommodate delays in receiving payments or for those entities that required the submission of completed grades for the term prior to the release of funds. In order for the University to recognize an anticipated third-party payment for a student’s tuition, fees and/or other charges, written authorization is required on corporate letterhead. All letters are subject to review by the student’s campus Bursar Office and must include the following information:
- Student name
- Student ID and/or social security number
- Term or academic year covered
- Number of credits or coursework covered
- Dollar or percentage limit of total charges (if applicable)
- Sponsoring company's name, billing address, contact name, telephone number and e-mail address.
Students must submit the written authorization described above in person to their campus Bursar Office, along with a completed Deferred Payment Plan Form and payment for any remaining balance.