CCR employs a we-run-it-ourselves way of doing things. Members share responsibility in curriculum planning, subject selection, and class presentations.
Each semester’s curriculum consists of whatever subjects the members choose; it changes from semester to semester. The subjects cover a wide variety of topics.
Fall 2014 semester list:
- The History and Culture of Russia: What Made Russia What It Is Today
- A Dustin Hoffman Film Series: Viewing and Discussing His Performances
- Applied Ethics: How to Approach Everyday Ethical Issues
- Short Stories: Reading and Class Discussion of Selected Literary Pieces
- Important Presidential Events: Exploring Aspects of Various Administrations
- She Wolves: England’s Early Queens
- Radio Plays: Class Readings from Old Radio Shows
- World War I: Events and Personalities of the Era
- “From the New York Times”: Discussing Feature Pieces, Not Front Page News
- Comedians: Personalities, Acts, and Shows
“Potpourri topics” (one class session each) and guest speakers will be included in the program, as well.