M.S. in Pharmacology / Toxicology
Forge your own path with an M.S. in Pharmacology/Toxicology
LIU Pharmacy's M.S. program in pharmacology and toxicology provides students with the knowledge and abilities required to secure competitive technical positions in pharmacological research and testing, clinical trials, or toxicological review and assessment in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries as well as in academic and governmental research laboratories.
Additionally, graduates are well positioned to continue their studies in Ph.D. programs in pharmacology and other biomedical sciences, in medical school and in other professional programs.
Highlights of the program:
- Study the action of drugs and toxicants on biological systems, surveying the principles of pharmacology, toxicology and cell biology.
- Learn about research methodology.
- Work closely with our highly accomplished faculty.
- Choose from thesis and non-thesis options. If you select the thesis pathway, faculty mentors will guide you through a hands-on research project that builds expertise in analytical and experimental techniques.
- Complete your degree in two years with our structured curriculum and proactive, one-on-one academic advisement.