Getting Started: The Application Process
International Graduate Applicants
Applications are welcome from international graduate students who hold the equivalent of a four-year bachelor's degree. To be considered for admission the following is required:
- Application form (online) with a non-refundable application fee of $50.00 USD.
- International graduate applicants must request an official copy of all undergraduate and graduate transcripts to be sent directly to the Office of Admissions by all former college(s). We must receive a marksheet/transcript for each year of study. Transcripts must be in native language with certified English translations. A final official transcript must also be sent upon completion of any courses in progress. Please note that all offers of admission are contingent upon satisfactory completion of any work in progress between the time of the application and the time of enrollment. LIU Hudson accepts transfer credits taken only from regionally accredited institutions. The acceptance of credit will be determined after an offer of admission is given. If admitted to LIU Hudson, applicants must also provide course description information, translated into English, for all international coursework completed. Course descriptions may come either from an undergraduate catalog or from course syllabi. Please send all course descriptions to the Office of Admissions.
- We require a degree certificate or an attested copy of your diploma for proof of graduation from your bachelor degree program.
- A course by course transcript evaluation is required for programs listed below:
- Master's of Business Administration (MBA)
- Please review the approved credential evaluation agencies listed. The Office of Admissions reserves the right to require a course-by-course evaluation for any transcripts that need additional clarification.
- To view acceptable agencies, please download the accepted credential evaluator's list.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- All applicants seeking an F-1 student visa are required to submit an Affidavit of Support, demonstrating the availability of finances equal to one year's tuition, room and board. All graduate students are required to prove $36,474 in a bank letter.
- If English is not your native language or primary language of instruction in your university, you are required to take an English proficiency exam. Taking this exam is dependent on your language of instruction at your university not based on citizenship. We require A TOEFL score of 550 paper-based; 213 computer-based; 79 Internet-based or better; or a 6 or higher on the IELTS exam.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Scores. For information on GRE contact the GRE Board in Princeton, New Jersey 08541-6000 www.gre.org
- Photocopies of I-94, Arrival/Departure Record, visa stamp, and current I-20 or DS2019 (See Admissions Policies and Requirements) Request for I-20 forms can be found in the Forms & Documents section of the Web site.
- Personal statement
Individual Program Requirements
Applicants to the Master of Business (M.B.A.) in the School of Business must submit scores from the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT).