1. Master’s Degree
A major or its equivalent in the area of certification.
- For social studies, at least 30 credits in social studies, including coursework in economics and government and at least 21 semester hours in the history and geography of the U.S. and the world
- For English, at least 30 credits in English
- For Math, at least 30 credits in Math, including 6 credits in calculus
- For science, at least 30 credits in the specific area of certification (biology, chemistry, earth science and/or physics)
- A course in adolescent development or its equivalent
- At least 3 credits in a language other than English.