Admission requirements for the Department of Educational Leadership and Administration (DELA) are outlined below. An applicant who does not meet the grade point average required for admission to the program may be required to take the Graduate Record Examination and be interviewed by the department chairperson or program director.
A master's degree candidate must have:
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Initial (formerly provisional) state certification in teaching or an educational specialty
- Two letters of recommendation
- Teaching experience and prior experience review
- Documentation of years of experience
Attention Applicants: The New York State Education Department requires all candidates for NYS initial SBL and/or professional SDL certification, to have completed at least 60 semester hours of graduate study, possess a permanent or professional certificate in classroom teaching service or pupil personnel service, and to have completed three years of classroom teaching service and/or educational leadership service and/or pupil personnel service experience in public or non-public schools N-12.