An Advanced Certificate candidate must have:
- Master's degree with a minimum 3.25 GPA
- Professional state certification in teaching or an educational specialty
- Two letters of recommendation
- Teaching experience and prior experience review
- Documentation of years of experience
Attention Applicants: The New York State Education Department requires all candidates for NYS initial SBL and/or professional SDL certification, to have completed at least 60 semester hours of graduate study, possess a permanent or professional certificate in classroom teaching service or pupil personnel service, and to have completed three years of classroom teaching service and/or educational leadership service and/or pupil personnel service experience in public or non-public schools N-12.