Fully ONLINE F.L.E.S. Course to begin Fall 2013 (Foreign Language in Elementary Schools)
, ONLINE F.L.E.S. Course - Fall 2013Westchester, LIU Hudson
Online FLES Course (Foreign Language in Elementary Schools)
Leading to NYS FLES Extension
A very special language education course which
will be offered ONLINE during the Fall 2013 semester
Thursdays 4:30 – 7:00pm
in our VIRTUAL ONLINE CLASSROOM.
TED 569 – Teaching Languages Other than English in Childhood: This course focuses on teaching languages other than English in grades 1-6. The course examines curriculum development, formal and informal assessment techniques and research validated instructional strategies for teaching languages to children within the full range of abilities. Course participants explore approaches to the teaching of listening, speaking, reading, writing and communicating in a new language. Students learn to incorporate interventions for remediation and enrichment as well as the uses of technology to enhance teaching and learning. (3 credits)
This course is intended for currently
certified LOTE teachers anywhere in NY State,
who would like the extension for
Grades 1-6 in the language of their certification.
After completion of this course, you will be eligible
to apply to NYSED for the LOTE Extension.
- Costs: $1,110 per credit x 3 credits = $3,330 less 25% FLES reduction = $2,497.50, registration fee $425, text book $89.17 new or $78.97 used (Curtain & Dahlberg, Languages and Children: Making the Match, 4th edition.
- Deposit of $200 required by August 15, 2013 to reserve your seat.
- Equipment required: Headset (earbuds and mic) and webcam.
- Instructor: Professor Sidonie Schneider, New Rochelle City School District.
- To register: Simply fill out the application included with flyer and return it to the Admissions Department with your deposit of $200 by August 15, 2013.
Don't miss this opportunity to enhance your credentials and advance your career
Location: LIU Hudson at Westchester
Address: 735 Anderson Hill Road, Purchase, NY
Download the flyer here.
Return to Calendar