Mental Health Counseling in NY. Past, Present and Future
10/09/2012, Hudson Calendar EventRoom 102, LIU Hudson at Rockland, 6:00 - 7:00 PM
The Counseling Honor Society of LIU Hudson
invites you to learn about:
Mental Health Counseling in New York
Past, Present, and Future
Mental Health Counseling is an emerging helping profession in New York State. Mental Health Counselors work in a variety of clinical settings including psychiatric facilities, out-patient treatment centers, addiction treatment programs as well as private practices.
We invite you to hear Dr. Joseph R. Franco discuss:
- What is Mental Health Counseling?
- Mental Health Counseling in New York
- Mental Health Counseling compared to other helping professions
- History and Purpose of the New York Mental Health Counselors Association
- Licensing and career opportunities
- The Future of Mental Health Counseling
Tuesday October 9, 2012
6:00 PM to 7:00 PM
Admission: Free, but please contact Ms. Linda Hayden at linda.hayden.liu.edu to reserve your seating. For information about the presentation contact Dr. Nardi at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (845) 359-7200 ext 5429.
Location: LIU Hudson at Rockland
70 Route 340
Orangeburg, NY 10962
Dr. Joseph R. Franco, Ph.D., is a licensed Mental Health Counselor (OMHC), a National Certified Counselor (NCC), and, President of the New York Mental Health Counselors Association.
Return to Calendar