B.F.A. in Public Relations
Public relations professionals help businesses and organizations build and maintain their reputations, promote their brands and communicate effectively with multiple audiences, such as employees, members, the media, celebrities and specialized publics. PR professionals help organizations announce their products or services to the news media, manage social media and produce publications, web sites and videos. They work as public information officers for government agencies, help businesses establish and maintain their brands and develop appropriate communications during times of crisis.
The 129-credit Bachelor of Fine Arts in Public Relations prepares you for an exciting career in corporate, non-profit, associations or government organizations and the agencies that serve them. You will learn PR writing styles and editing, promotion, publicity, advertising, digital applications, creative communication and the critical business strategies required for management-level positions. You may choose to intern at top public relations firms or communications departments and join the prestigious LIU Post’s PRSSA chapter of the Public Relations Student Society of America. Students who want to minor in public relations or advertising should see minors in public relations and advertising at the end of the course descriptions.
Qualities That Set Our Program Apart
- Professors with extensive experience in public relations and communications
- Opportunities for internships at top public relations firms and in the communications offices of major companies and organizations
- Small classes and close interaction with faculty and fellow students
- An accredited Public Relations Student Society of America chapter tied to our program experience affords you connections and educational opportunities
- Alumni of our program provide a valuable network of professionals
Follow us @LIUPostPRSSA