B.A. in Political Science/Master of Public Administration
LIU Post offers students the unique opportunity to prepare for a career in government administration on the federal, state or local level through an accelerated, dual-degree program. In just five years students can earn both a comprehensive, liberal-arts-based undergraduate degree and a master’s degree from one of the New York Metropolitan area’s finest graduate programs in public administration.
The B.A. in Political Science provides a thorough examination of the institutions, forces and circumstances that shape government and the political process in the United States. From overviews of constitutional law and the legislative process to in-depth studies of such topics as “Political Psychology” or “Women and the Anglo-Saxon Legal Experience,” this program will make you a better-informed citizen and provide knowledge that will aid you in your professional career. Classroom instruction by an expert faculty is augmented by targeted internships in government offices or law firms.
The Master of Public Administration (M.P.A.) is accredited by the prestigious National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration. Coursework focuses on political leadership, policymaking in America and the ways in which individuals relate to society.
Upon successful completion of the required courses, students are awarded both a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and a Master of Public Administration in five years – a full year less than if the degrees were pursued separately. Because students take some graduate courses as undergraduates, this option offers significant savings in time and money.
- Excellent preparation for rewarding careers in government, non-profit organizations, law, education, advocacy/activism and many other fields
- M.P.A. program nationally accredited by NASPAA
- Well-known and widely published professors, who interact closely with students in small classes
- Opportunities for sought-after internships at the United Nations and other institutions where students gain experience and build professional networks
- Accelerated schedule delivers fully accredited undergraduate and graduate education in less time and for less money than traditional separate programs