Internships & Service Learning
Students have participated in a variety of service learning projects while studying in Australia and Bali, some of them part of courses and others taken as independent studies. Some of these experiences included working with:
1. Bay FM Community Radio – covering a range of programming, Bay FM highlights the multi-cultural sensibility and green focus of the Northern Rivers area
2. Naturopathic and Holistic Healing /Therapies
3. Various sustainability-‐oriented businesses within the Byron Shire: sustainable futures, alternative energy systems, flow forms / waste water, composting / worm farming, organic gardening / organic farmer's market
4. Local land care groups focused on regeneration and rehabilitation of landscape – including both hinterland (rainforest ecosystems) and dune care (coastal ecosystems).
5. Arakwal National Park – connect to coastal and marine systems in conjunction with the traditional indigenous people who manage this reserve.
6. Githabul Rangers – working on ecological restoration and language revitalization with an Indigenous community group.