Mail, Phone & TV Services
Students who are residing on campus during the fall, spring and summer semesters may utilize the Resident Student Mailroom. New students receive a mailbox that they may utilize during semesters that they are residing on campus. The mailboxes are located in the lower level of Kings Hall. The mailroom hours are posted at the mailroom. The package containing your room assignment will also include your mailing address. Your mailing address is as follows (your box number is the only thing that may change):
Kings Hall Box #_______
720 Northern Boulevard
Brookville, N.Y. 11548-1300
If you decide that you are not coming back to reside on campus, you must change your address. It is the campus policy not to forward mail. If you have credit card bills and magazine subscriptions, inform them that you will be moving and give them your new address. We recommend that you inform such businesses immediately because it could take 3 to 6 weeks for this information to be updated by their systems. If you do not inform them, the campus cannot take responsibility for what happens to your mail.
Address correction forms are available at the Greenvale Post Office.
Phone and Television Services
Students’ room phones have free voice mail and feature two free connections to the University’s computer, enabling them to surf the web at lightning speed.
The LIU Post provides DirectTV in our residence halls with 72 channels including a channel of up-to-the-minute campus news.
How does it work?
Both services are active in your room and can be accessed by plugging your telephone and television into the communications outlet on the wall. The outlet also has communication services capability for connection to the University Academic Computing Network. For more network information, please call Information Technology at 516 299-2281.
What you will need
- Television set–if your television is cable ready, you will need a coaxial cable for the cable television connection. If your television is not cable ready, you will need a converter box in addition to a coaxial cable.
Benefits of the service
- There is no charge for the cable television service!
- Each room has a seven-digit telephone number and voice mailbox!
- There is no charge for the voicemail or on-campus calls!
To set-up your voicemail
- Dial 1000
- Press #
- Enter mailbox number (last four digits of your campus phone number)
- Press 1111 and follow the automated attendant
LIU Post Phone and Cable Help Line
- The LIU Post Help Line is a 24-hour automated system designed to answer voicemail concerns. The Help Line can only be accessed from an on-campus phone at extension 4357 (HELP).