Students admitted to LIU Post are invited to a three-day orientation program designed to welcome them to campus and to meet their specific needs as international students. New undergraduate and graduate students from countries other than the United States with F-1 visa status are invited to attend.
Orientation sessions cover immigration rules and benefits, health and medical insurance issues, and special services such as student activities, dining and entertainment. This is a great time for you to explore the Campus buildings and grounds and to socialize with other new students and meet faculty and staff. Our International Student Services staff will also accompany you on a boat cruise around Manhattan! The orientation is held a few days before the start of classes.
At International Student Orientation you will learn more about:
- technology on campus
- academic and career counseling
- how to register for classes
- where your classes are located
- student ID card registration
- student clubs and organizations
- things to do on Long Island and in New York City
- personal safety
- meet LIU Post students, faculty, staff and community
Fall 2015 International Student Orientation