LIU Post offers comprehensive, practical and personalized Career Services that will enable you to match your strengths, desires and dreams to real-world employment opportunities. From résumé critiques and job interviewing workshops to career fairs and an extensive online database of job openings and networking information, Career Services supports students and alumni at every stage of building a satisfying and rewarding career.
The full array of services is designed to help undergraduate and graduate students explore a broad range of career options and connect with employers in a variety of fields. For alumni and adult students, Career Services provides one-to-one assistance in changing occupations, entering the job market after raising a family, or returning to the job market following a break due to military service or any other reason.
The office of Career Services is a leader in placing students in sought-after internships and cooperative learning situations so they can gain valuable job experience with high-profile employers while still at school.
Whether you are already on a clear career track or still exploring the universe of employment possibilities, LIU Post Career Services can give you all the tools you need to advance to the next level of achievement and fulfillment.
Career Services at LIU Post is committed to educate and empower students and alumni by providing:
- Comprehensive, one-to-one career counseling services to discover personal skills, interests, values and motivations, and to channel that information into effective academic, experiential education, and career plans
- Timely, relevant career information to research the job market, industries, and potential employers
- Connections to employers through online job postings, on-campus recruitment events, career fairs and networking events
- Guidance to make intelligent decisions in the choice and maintenance of a career.
Resume Writing & Study Strategy Workshops
We will be offering numerous workshops during the fall semester. For more information, click here.
Key Online Resources
• JobNet: LIU Posts online job bank and career information system
• OptimalResume: Online resume template system, mock interviews and a whole lot more!
• GoingGlobal: your resource for international and domestic jobs and relocation information. Access GoingGlobal through your JobNet account
College Central Podcasts: Ranked "New and Noteworthy" by iTunes and reviewed as "outstanding," College Central Podcasts provide clear, concise, expert advice and tips for entry-level job search and career related issues..