Best of High School Journalism Awards
The LIU Post Best of High School Journalism Awards recognizes the best in high school journalism. High school students or their teachers/faculty advisers may enter their best published or broadcast work to be considered. All entries must be submitted by January 7, 2019 through our new online contest system at www.betterbnc.com. Instructions for online submission are below.
All contest entrants are invited to join us on Friday, March 29, 2019 for an awards ceremony and a unique hands-on learning experience at the LIU Post student media outlets.
Both contest entry and participation in the awards day are free. All winners will receive awards certificates and public recognition.
Best High School Newspaper
Best Online Publication
Best News Story
Best Feature Story
Best Sports Story
Best News Photography
Best Sports Photography
- Contest is open to all currently enrolled high school students (grades 9-12).
- Entrants must be participants in a high school journalism program, school newspaper, radio or TV station.
Teachers/advisors may nominate students for awards or students can self-nominate.
- Each entry must be original student work and have been published/aired between January 1, 2018 and December 31, 2018 in a student publication or broadcast.
Date of publication or broadcast must be indicated.
Unpublished manuscripts, classroom work and unaired news broadcasts do not qualify. Any work that is discovered to be ineligible will be disqualified.
- All entries must be entered online by January 7, 2019.
ONLINE ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS
- Go to www.betterbnc.com.
- Click on Contestant Login.
- Click on 2018 LIU Post Best of High School Journalism Awards.
- Click on Open Call Login
- Create an Open Call Account by filling out the form and clicking "Submit" at the bottom of the page.
- Once you create your Open Call Contestant account the system will send you a validation email with a link that must be clicked before you can log in and make your entries.
- Request to make entries in the contest by hovering over the "Open Call Contestant" text; select "My Contests" in the menu, select "Manage Entries," and click on "Submit Entry."
- You may submit up to five (5) entries in each category.
- There is no fee for entries.
For more information, contact Carolyn Levin, Department of Communications & Film, LIU Post, Humanities Hall, Room 118, 720 Northern Blvd., Brookville, N.Y. 11548; firstname.lastname@example.org; 516-299-2660.
2018 Awards Day
2017 Awards Day
2016 Awards Day