Eligibility and Requirements
The following students are eligible to participate in Commencement:
- Students who have had degrees conferred in September 2017 and January 2018
- Students who are completing all degree requirements during the Spring 2018 semester
- Doctoral students who have previously completed or be completing their requirements during the Spring 2018 semester
- Students who are finishing their degree requirements during the summer 2018 term
- Students with only Student Teaching left to complete in Fall 2018
- Students who are in good financial standing with the university
Eligibility for May Degree Conferral:
Undergraduates: Undergraduates who have satisfied all requirements as listed in their degree audits will automatically be considered for degree conferral. If you are an Undergraduate student completing all degree requirements by the conclusion of the Spring, you should log onto MY.LIU by February 10th and confirm that an application has been processed for you by going to “Self Service – Degree Progress/Graduation.” If there is no application processed but you are completing your requirements in the Spring, you can submit an application on line.
Graduate, Professional and Dual-degree: Students should log onto MY.LIU by February 10th (“Self Service – Degree Progress/Graduation”) and apply for their degree.
Cap & Gown Information:
Last day to order:
Grad Fair / Pick up Dates: ; Pick up location will be at the bookstore, pick up times will be 11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. Payment will be expected at the time of pickup.
Students must be in good financial standing in order to pick up their cap and gown order and participate in Commencement. Please be sure that your account is in good standing before cap and gown pick-up. If you need assistance with bill clearance, please contact Enrollment Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 516-299-2323.
Students completing their course work/requiremts in Summer 2018 (or student teaching in the fall 2018) who would like to participate in Commencement, must bring and approved “Commencement Authorization Card” with Enrollment Services financial clearance signature with them in order to pick up their Cap and Gown.
Please check your personal information in MY.LIU Self Service to insure that your name and address are accurate for purposes of your diploma. Your Primary Name and Preferred (or Permanent) address will be used for issuance and mailing of your diploma. If you would like to modify this information, please do so as follows:
- add a “Degree Name” if you would like to add or remove a middle initial or spell out a middle name (last names cannot be changed using this method – you must submit documentation to Enrollment Services to modify your last name)
- add a “Degree Address” If you would like your diploma mailed to an address other than the one already on file for you
- add a "Degree Address" of ENROLLMENT SERVICES PICK-UP and we will hold your diploma for you to pick up