Guidelines for Resident Students with Flu-Like Symptons
Your willingness to participate in the voluntary isolation plan to assist our campus community to respond to the flu outbreak is appreciated. We ask that you review and follow the guidelines below during the time you are in voluntary isolation:
- Please remain in your room until 24 hours after your fever is gone and you feel better and restrict your movement to help protect our campus community.
- Please avoid having visitors where possible and limit your contact with others. If you must be in contact with others please restrict that contact to those who have been immunized for seasonal flu.
- Choose a “buddy” who can assist you by bringing your meals and fluids to your room.
- Ideally, there should be at least six feet between people at most times according to the CDC. Please wear a surgical mask (provided by the Medical Services Department) when in close contact with your roommate or others.
- Have household cleansers like cleaning wipes in your room to keep surfaces clean. Keep surfaces (especially bedside tables, surfaces in the bathroom) clean by wiping them down with a household disinfectant according to directions on the product label.
- Linens, eating utensils, and dishes belonging to those who are sick do not need to be cleaned separately, but importantly these items should not be shared without washing thoroughly first.
- Please email your professors to let them know you will not be in class during the term of your illness and request any work they can forward to you to assist you with staying current with your classes.
- Please contact the Medical Services Department for your medical concerns between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. Monday through Friday. The Medical Services Department Staff can be contacted through the Public Safety Office after hours and weekends and holidays.
- The Emergency Medical Service (Ambulance) can be contacted by calling the Public Safety Office.
- Please contact the Residence Life Office for any questions regarding your accommodations and the facilities. The Residence Life Staff can be contacted through the Public Safety Office after 5 p.m. and on weekends and holidays.
Important Phone Numbers:
Medical Services Department: 299-2345
Residence Life Office: 299-2326
Public Safety Office: 299-2222