Senior adults over the age of 65 are welcome to enroll in undergraduate and graduate courses at LIU Post or LIU Brentwood at a significant discount to earn a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or for personal and intellectual enrichment. LIU Post and LIU Brentwood offer more than 260 degree programs and more than 1,200 courses each semester.
LIU Post (in Brookville) and LIU Brentwood offer the following academic programs for senior citizens over the age of 65:
Senior Adults pay 1/2 tuition for credit courses (50% reduction)
Senior Adults pay 1/4 tuition to audit courses (75% reduction)
Where to Register:
* For LIU Post (720 Northern Boulevard, Brookville, NY), contact Adult Student Services at 516-299-2445 or email@example.com
* For LIU Brentwood (100 Second Avenue, Brentwood, NY), contact Admissions at 631-273-5112 or firstname.lastname@example.org
When to Register:
Senior citizens who seek the 50% or 75% tuition discount may not register until one week before classes begin and registration is contingent upon seat availability on the first day of class.
- A Senior Adult is 65 years of age or older prior to the start of the semester in which he/she would like to enroll.
- The special Senior Adult tuition rate is not applicable to institutes, workshops, continuing education programs, per capita classes, individualized courses of instruction, or studio art classes.
- Senior Adults are not eligible for awards that further reduce the tuition rate.
- Special course fees (such as laboratory and art fees) still apply.
- The following fees are waived:
- Application Fees
- Registration Fees
- Student Activity Fees