The English Language Institute
The English Language Institute (ELI) at LIU Post offers two special programs for international students who want to improve their English skills and experience life at a prestigious American university: the Intensive English Program and the Intensive English Plus for Graduate Students.
The ELI program provides English as a Second Language courses to non-English speakers who are seeking admission to LIU Post to pursue a bachelor's, master's or doctoral degree.
Courses help you improve your English skills through lessons in language, speaking, reading and writing.
The Intensive English Program offers many advantages:
- Small, classes of 12 to 15 students taught by caring, expert teachers
- A convenient Monday through Thursday schedule with classes in writing, reading, listening, speaking, grammar and college preparation
- 20 hours per week of instruction
- State-of-the-art learning facilities and computers
- Opportunities to join LIU Post activities and clubs