The English Language Institute
The English Language Institute (ELI) at LIU Post offers two special programs for international students who want to improve their English skills and experience life at a prestigious American university: the Intensive English Program and the Intensive English Plus for Graduate Students.
The ELI program provides English as a Second Language courses to non-English speakers who are seeking admission to LIU Post to pursue a bachelor's, master's or doctoral degree.
Courses help you improve your English skills through lessons in language, speaking, reading and writing.
The Intensive English Program offers many advantages:
- Small, classes of 12 to 15 students taught by caring, expert teachers
- A convenient Monday through Thursday schedule with classes in writing, reading, listening, speaking, grammar and college preparation
- 20 hours per week of instruction
- State-of-the-art learning facilities and computers
- Opportunities to join LIU Post activities and clubs
Intensive English Plus for Graduate Students
Offered in the spring and fall terms this program is designed to support ESL students who have been conditionally admitted to a graduate program at LIU Post.
The program, which is specially designed to promote the transition of ESL students to academic study, includes the following:
- 24 hours per week of ESL classes, including a Friday seminar
- Enrollment in one graduate class
- Weekly tutoring
- Individual meetings with a library mentor expert in the student's field of study
- Individual meetings with a graduate advisor
To qualify for this program, a student must be approved by the Director of ESL Programs and an appropriate graduate advisor. All students seeking to apply to this program must submit a TOEFL, IELTS or PTE score.
The tuition for this program is equal to 9 graduate credits.
Please contact Mr. Joseph Granitto at email@example.com or 516-299-4002.