LIU High School Scholars Program
The LIU High School Scholars Program offers high school students a unique opportunity to accelerate their college education. Through a wide range of dual-credit courses—applicable toward both the high school diploma and a bachelor’s degree—LIU High School Scholars earn college credits while studying in their high school classrooms.
Explore advanced topics—marketing, human anatomy, criminal justice, film, and more—in a supportive, hands-on learning environment designed to prepare you for college-level academic standards.
Courses are significantly discounted from on-campus tuition,
enabling you to earn credits and get ahead of your college career
before even graduating from high school. Courses may be applied
to undergraduate degree programs at LIU Post (or transferred to
other institutions, as determined by the receiving institution), so LIU
Scholars may take fewer courses while at college and graduate up
to one year early, resulting in a significant savings of tuition and time.
- Earn college credits while studying in high school classrooms
- Get prepared for college-level academic standards
- Receive significant discounts from on-campus tuition
- Personalized family tours and invitations to admissions events
Students who take a minimum of six credits through the LIU High School Scholars program, and maintain a 3.0 (“B”) GPA in the courses in which they are registered, are eligible to receive a $5,000 scholarship renewable for four years (total $20,000), in addition to their financial aid package, not to exceed the cost of tuition.
LIU Scholars enjoy access to campus resources, amenities, and events.
- Lectures by LIU Post faculty, visiting scholars, and artists
- Dinners, concerts, and homecoming activities
- A day on campus shadowing an LIU Post student
||Spring registration begins
||Last day to submit a drop form for spring courses
||Last day to register without late fee & last day to drop a course for college credit
|April 16 - May 1
||Late registration (late fee applies)
How to Apply
- Visit apply.liu.edu/hs
- Select your high school and courses
- Complete and submit your application
- Make your payment (A payment plan is available)
- Tuition for the 2015–2016 academic year is $420 per course, plus a one-time fee of $70
For more information about the LIU High School Scholars Program call 516-299-2211 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.