Applicants to the Master of Science program must meet the following requirements for admission.
• Application (https://apply.liu.edu/quickapp/).
• Application fee (non-refundable).
• Official copies of your undergraduate and/or graduate transcripts from any college(s) or universities you have attended.
• GRE is required.
• Applicants must have achieved at least a 3.0 overall grade point average or equivalent from an accredited bachelor’s program.
• Applicants must hold provisional or initial teaching certificate.
• International students please visit www.liu.edu/CWPost/Admissions/International/FAQs for information.
• If you do not meet these requirements, you are welcome to discuss options for admissions with the graduate advisor.
Send application materials to:
Admissions Processing Center
15 Dan Road, Suite 102
Canton, MA 02021
The M.S.Ed. in Special Education is dedicated to preparing teachers who are:
- Knowledgeable, ethical, caring decision-makers for students with special educational needs in the context of diverse and inclusive social groups, communities, families and students.
- Practitioners who serve children and families with specific educational needs through: assessment and intervention; leadership and collaboration; clinical application, research, and practice.
- Skilled instructors who plan, implement, and assess instruction in real classroom settings.
- Proficient in instructional technology including the knowledge of skills, strategies, software and hardware to be used in classroom management and computer-assisted instruction.
- Knowledgeable in theories of learning and growth, content areas to be taught, and the theories, laws, procedures and programs related to the field of special education.
- Collaborative and ethical decision-makers.
- Life-long learners committed to: intellectual growth, inquiry, professionalism, appreciation of diversity, and advocacy for students.