Applicants to the Master of Science program must meet the following requirements for admission.
• Application (https://apply.liu.edu/quickapp/).
• Application fee (non-refundable).
• Official copies of your undergraduate and/or graduate transcripts from any college(s) or universities you have attended.
• GRE is required.
• Applicants must have achieved at least a 3.0 overall grade point average or equivalent from an accredited bachelor’s program.
• Applicants must hold provisional or initial teaching certificate.
• International students please visit www.liu.edu/CWPost/Admissions/International/FAQs for information.
• If you do not meet these requirements, you are welcome to discuss options for admissions with the graduate advisor.
Send application materials to:
Admissions Processing Center
15 Dan Road, Suite 102
Canton, MA 02021
- To foster in our students a set of closely interrelated dispositions, pedagogical knowledge, and teaching skills.
- To prepare students to be caring and responsive observers and listeners who theorize about their teaching and learning and know how to research their own practice.
- To prepare teachers who know how to document and analyze students' learning.
- To create lifelong learners whose education continues beyond the program, who find learning about teaching and learning intellectually engaging, and who are active participants in professional networks.
- To prepare students to effectively communicate with others about literacy teaching and learning, and to build collaborative solutions to instructional problems.