- Incoming freshmen must have a solid B average (3.0 grade point average or 82 to 85) and an average SAT of 1000 (Math & Critical Reading combined) or ACT Composite of 20 or above.
- Transfer students must have completed more than 24 college credits. A minimum college G.P.A. of 2.0 is required for application review. If you have completed fewer than 24 credits, you must also submit high school transcripts and SAT/ACT scores.
Additional Admission Requirements
Students must have an interview or audition for admission to the B.A. in Theatre Arts program. Applicants will be notified of departmental admissions decisions by the early spring. Mid-year transfer students are contacted individually. All B.A. candidates must maintain a 3.0 grade point average in the major.
TO AUDITION FOR THE THEATRE ARTS PROGRAM:
- Apply to LIU Post at www.liu.edu/cwpost/onlineapp.
- Call 516-299-2353 to schedule an audition slot. Total audition time is 3 minutes.
- Prepare two short contrasting monologues from a play.
- If you are pursuing a music concentration, prepare one short monologue and 16 bars of a song.
- Submit a headshot and résumé at the time of audition.
Auditions for admission into the Theatre Arts Program are held in the Theatre, Film & Dance building in room TF 102 on the following dates:
Incoming Theatre Auditions
Please check back again.
POST THEATRE COMPANY AUDITIONS
Auditions for the season productions are open to all theatre majors and minors and are held in the Little Theatre on Mainstage unless otherwise posted. Check the callboard in the Theatre, Film & Dance building for audition requirements and sign-up sheets.
Submitting an Application for Admission
All applicants can apply for admission to LIU Post at My LIU or by using the Apply Now button in the upper right-hand corner of this page. For more information on the application process, visit the Admissions Office home page.