Applicants to the Master of Arts must meet the following requirements for admission.
- Application for Admission.
- Application fee: $50 (non-refundable).
- Official copies of your undergraduate and/or graduate transcripts from any college(s) or universities you have attended.
- Bachelor's degree in the Visual Arts or a related field with at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average from an accredited school. Applicants with less than a 3.0 GPA may be restricted to 12 credits for the year.
- Digital Graphic imaging skills. (Students need to be familiar with digital imaging programs for both raster and vector formats.)
- Examples of creative work and a personal interview with the Program Director will be required. Candidates for entrance to the program must have a basic level of computer literacy. They should be familiar with the P.C. or Macintosh platform and have experience with two or more of the following: word-processing, HTML, digital imaging, digital illustration, digital video or MIDI. Applicants to the program without this basic level of computer literacy will be required to take either a special summer workshop at LIU Post or a comparable college-level course at another institution with the approval of the department to enhance their existing computer skills. Credits earned in such preparation for admission to the program, whether on a graduate or undergraduate level, may not be used as part of, or in substitution for, program requirements. Applications are accepted for the Fall term only - Spring exceptions are made depending on space availability.
- Portfolio Requirements: Applicants must send a portfolio, or sample of their work by May 30, to the Interactive Multimedia Arts Office, Humanities Hall, Room 120, LIU Post, Brookville, N.Y. 11548. Attn: Patrick Aievoli
Acceptable sample formats are: Slides, photos, VHS tape, DVDs, CDs, Thumb Drives and URL's. Do not send masters or original materials. Please make sure all materials are properly labeled with your name and address.
Interview: Once your application and support materials has been reviewed, you will be contacted for an interview with the Interactive Multimedia Arts Program Director Patrick Aievoli.
- Submit a Personal Statement that describes your artistic work as it relates to the program, and state what you wish to accomplish in your studies here. Any relevant professional experience should also be described in this statement. A GRE is not necessary.
- Submit two professional and/or academic letters of recommendation that address the applicant's potential in the profession and ability to complete a graduate program.
- Students for whom English is a second language must submit official score results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The required minimum acceptable TOEFL score is: 79 Internet-based (213 computer based or 550 paper-based) or minimum IELTS score: 6.5.
Send application materials, with the exception of the portfolio, to:
Graduate Admissions Processing Center
15 Dan Road, Ste. 102
Canton, MA 02021
The portfolio should be mailed to:
Interactive Multimedia Arts Office
Humanities Hall, Room 119a,
720 Northern Boulevard
Brookville, N.Y. 11548-1300