Applicants to the Master of Arts must meet the following requirements for admission.
- Application for Admission.
- Application fee: $50 (non-refundable).
- Official copies of your undergraduate and/or graduate transcripts from any college(s) or universities you have attended.
- Bachelor’s degree in art education with at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average from an accredited school. The candidate must have completed an undergraduate major in art or a minimum of 36 credits in Studio Art classes.
- A portfolio, evaluated by the Art Department faculty, is required for admission. The portfolio must be submitted to the Art Department Graduate Studies Office and should contain 15 to 20 samples of your most recent work and a numbered inventory list. Samples can be either original works, slides (enclosed in a slide page), CD or DVD. Photography applicants are encouraged to submit a portfolio of 20 original prints.
- Personal Artist Statement that addresses the reason you are interested in pursuing graduate work in this area of study.
- Two professional and/or academic letters of recommendation that address the applicant’s potential in the profession and ability to complete a graduate program.
- Students for whom English is a second language must submit official score results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The required minimum acceptable TOEFL score is: 79 Internet-based (213 computer based or 550 paper-based) or minimum IELTS score: 6.5.
Send application materials, with the exception of the portfolio, to:
Graduate Admissions Processing Center
15 Dan Road, Ste. 102
Canton, MA 02021
The portfolio should be mailed to:
(Please include your name, phone number and email address as well as the Program of Study and Degree applying for on portfolio)
Art Department Graduate Studies Office
LIU Post Campus
Long Island University
720 Northern Boulevard
Brookville, N.Y. 11548-1300