Applicants to the M.S. in Family Nurse Practitioner must meet the following requirements for admission.
- Application for Admission.
- Application fee: $50 (non-refundable)
- Possess a current New York State Registered Nurse license
- One year preferred with recent experience in a clinical area requiring acute care skills, i.e., family medicine or internal medicine office, community clinics, home care, hospital setting (med/surg or specialty floor) or specialty office practice.
- Official copies of your undergraduate and/or graduate transcripts from any college(s) or universities you have attended.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing required.
- Prior undergraduate coursework in Health Assessment, Research, and Statistics.
- A personal interview with the Director of the Family NP Program or their designate.
- There are two required undergraduate courses for admission into the Family Nurse Practitioner program: Health Assessment and Research (minimum of 3 credits each).
- A minimum of two letters of reference is required. These reference letters must be from an Adult or Family NP, MD, or DO. Letters from other individuals will be accepted, but they will not fulfill the requirement if the applicant does not have two letters from professional listed above. Personal Statement that addresses the reason you interested in pursing graduate work as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
- Each applicant will receive a reflection questionnaire, which they will complete and submit prior to their interview.
- Each applicant will provide a copy of their resume or CV prior to their interview.
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.0.
- International students are also required to achieve a minimum Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 85 Internet-based (a minimum listening score of 22 is also required); 225 Computer-based; or 563 Paper-based. IELTS of 7.5 or above is also acceptable.
Send application materials to:
Admissions Processing Center
P.O. Box 805
Randolph, MA 02368-0805