Applicants to the Advanced Certificate in Nursing Education must meet the following requirements for admission.
- Application for Admission.
- Application fee: $50 (non-refundable)
- Possess a current New York State RN registration.
- A minimum of one year recent RN experience in a clinical area requiring acute care skills, e.g., hospital setting, home care, long term care facility.
- A master's degree in nursing is required with a minimum overall GPA of 3.0.
- Official copies of your graduate transcripts from any college(s) or universities you have attended.
- Qualified candidates may transfer from 3 to 11 credits for advanced standing in the program through the presentation of acceptable courses from an accredited school of nursing taken within the last five years (provided a “B” grade or better was received in the course).
- The applicant is required to have a personal interview with the Director of the Nursing Education program or a designee; a current resume or CV needs to be submitted to the director prior to the interview.
- Two letters of recommendation are required either from the applicant's superiors (manager, supervisor, staff educator) in the health care setting, or one from a superior and one from a former faculty member where the baccalaureate or master's degree in nursing was completed. The letters should address the applicant's academic and clinical skills, and the ability to complete the program.
- Personal Statement that addresses the reason you are interested in pursuing post-graduate work in this area of study.
- International students are also required to achieve a minimum Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 85 Internet-based (a minimum listening score of 22 is also required); 225 Computer-based; or 563 Paper-based. IELTS of 7.5 or above is also acceptable.
Send application materials to:
Graduate Admissions Processing Center
15 Dan Road, Ste. 102
Canton, MA 02021