Generalist Clinical Laboratorians are employable in a hospital clinical laboratory, reference laboratory, clinical pathology, physician's office laboratory, biotechnology or industrial research, public health laboratory, clinical diagnostic company or educational institution. Education in the clinical laboratory sciences also lends itself to further pursuits in graduate education. The M.S. in Clinical Laboratory Science consists of four semesters of education that integrates theoretical and technical instruction in a simulated clinical laboratory on campus followed by 24 weeks of clinical practicum instruction at a NAACLS approved affiliate.
For hospital placement, a student must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher in the major. The hospital placement will be determined by academic achievement and successful interview with the CLS committee. Students pay all tuition and fees to LIU Post.
The NAACLS approved clinical affiliates for the CLS Program are:
- North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset, N.Y.
- North Shore University - Long Island Jewish Health Care System - Core Laboratory, Lake Success, N.Y.
- South Nassau Communities Hospital, Oceanside, N.Y.
- St. Francis Hospital, Roslyn, N.Y.
- Winthrop University Hospital, Mineola, N.Y.
- Sunrise Medical Laboratories, Hauppauge, N.Y.
- Icon Central Laboratories, Farmingdale, N.Y.