Applicants to the Master of Science in Taxation must meet the following requirements for admission:
- Application for Admission: liu.edu/apply.
- Application fee: $50 (non-refundable).
- Official copies of your undergraduate and/or graduate transcripts from any colleges or universities you attended.
- A four-year bachelor’s degree in Accountancy with a 3.0 cumulative GPA from an accredited institution. (For those who do not have a bachelor’s degree in Accountancy, please contact us for further information.)
- Two professional and/or academic letters of recommendation that address the applicant’s potential in the profession and ability to complete a graduate program.
- Personal Statement that address the reason you are interested in pursuing graduate work in this area of study.
- A current résumé.
- The following standardized tests may be used for admission into the MBA program: GMAT, GRE, and LSAT. The minimum GMAT (Graduate Management Admissions Test) score of 400 is required for full admission. A higher score is needed if the overall undergraduate GPA is between 2.5-2.7499. The GRE Exam is accepted if taken using the 130-170 scale (August 2011 to present) with a minimum GMAT equivalent score of 400. The GRE-GMAT Conversion Table may be found at http://www.ets.org/gre/institutions/about/mba/comparison_tool/ . A LSAT Exam taken within the past five (5) years with minimum score of 141 is also accepted. Prospective students are exempt from standardized testing if they meet the following criteria: hold a CPA license, or either a JD, doctorate, or a Master’s degree in (most) Engineering concentrations.
- Students who have not reached the standardized test qualification are invited to enroll in the Personal Enrichment Program as non-matriculated students and may enroll for a maximum of two (2) 500-level MBA core courses. The student is expected to successfully pass the one of the standardized tests listed no later than the completion of the second course in order to continue their MBA program.
- International applicants: TOEFL minimum score of 85 on internet-based exam or 550 on paper-based exam and a transcript evaluation if graduated from a foreign institution.
- Send application materials to:
LIU Post – Long Island University
Admissions Processing Center
P.O. Box 805
Randolph, MA 02368-0805