Applicants to the Master of Science in Taxation must meet the following requirements for admission:
- Application for Admission: liu.edu/apply.
- Application fee: $50 (non-refundable).
- Official copies of your undergraduate and/or graduate transcripts from any colleges or universities you attended.
- A four-year bachelor’s degree in Accountancy with a 3.0 cumulative GPA from an accredited institution. (For those who do not have a bachelor’s degree in Accountancy, please contact us for further information.)
- Two professional and/or academic letters of recommendation that address the applicant’s potential in the profession and ability to complete a graduate program.
- Personal Statement that address the reason you are interested in pursuing graduate work in this area of study.
- A current résumé.
- A minimum score of 400 on the GMAT exam, GRE exam scores (only exams taken after August 2011 will be accepted) which are the equivalent of a GMAT score of 400, or a minimum score of 141 on the LSAT exam. Students holding U.S. CPA license or a terminal degree are exempt from the GMAT and GRE.
- International applicants: TOEFL minimum score of 85 on internet-based exam or 550 on paper-based exam and a transcript evaluation if graduated from a foreign institution.
- Send application materials to:
LIU Post – Long Island University
Admissions Processing Center
P.O. Box 805
Randolph, MA 02368-0805