Applicants to the Master of Science in Accountancy must meet the following requirements for admission.
- Application for Admission
- Application fee: $40 (non-refundable)
- Official copies of your undergraduate and/or graduate transcripts from any college(s) or universities you have attended.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college with at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average in undergraduate studies or successful completion of another master’s degree. An applicant who attended institutions outside the United States must hold a degree equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree. An undergraduate major in accounting is required for the M.S. in Accountancy program.
- An applicant who is in his or her senior year at an undergraduate institution may apply for admission, but acceptance is contingent upon submission of final grades and receipt of a bachelor’s degree. All previous coursework will be evaluated by the graduate accounting advisor. Students who have not taken necessary prerequisites may be admitted to the program subject to the completion of prerequisites with a B or better as part of their program of study. The following criteria have been established as the most critical in the evaluation of the application:
- Scholastic achievement and a desire to excel as evidence by previous academic work;
- Aptitude for graduate study as indicated by scores on the GMAT;
- Leadership potential and maturity as evidence by prior work experience, extracurricular activities, and responses to the application form questions.
- A minimum score of 400 (a higher score is required if the student’s overall GPA is between 2.5 and 2.75) on the GMAT® exam or a minimum 141 on the LSAT. Applicants holding professional licenses or advanced degrees may be eligible for a waiver. Please refer to section # 6 under Submitting an Application for Admission for more information.
- Two professional and/or academic letters of recommendation that address the applicant’s potential in the profession and ability to complete a graduate program
- Personal Statement that addresses the reason you are interested in pursuing graduate work in this area of study
- Students for whom English is a second language must submit official score results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The required minimum acceptable TOEFL score is: 85 Internet-based (213 computer based or 550 paper-based) or minimum IELTS score: 6.5.
Send application materials to:
Graduate Admissions Office
720 Northern Boulevard
Brookville, N.Y. 11548-1300