Applicants to the Master of Science in Accountancy must meet the following requirements for admission.
- Application for Admission
- Application fee: $50 (non-refundable)
- Official copies of your undergraduate and/or graduate transcripts from any college(s) or universities you have attended.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college with at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average in undergraduate studies or successful completion of another master’s degree. An applicant who attended institutions outside the United States must hold a degree equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree. An undergraduate major in accounting is required for the M.S. in Accountancy program.
- An applicant who is in his or her senior year at an undergraduate institution may apply for admission, but acceptance is contingent upon submission of final grades and receipt of a bachelor’s degree. All previous coursework will be evaluated by the graduate accounting advisor. Students who have not taken necessary prerequisites may be admitted to the program subject to the completion of prerequisites with a B or better as part of their program of study. The following criteria have been established as the most critical in the evaluation of the application:
- Scholastic achievement and a desire to excel as evidence by previous academic work;
- Aptitude for graduate study as indicated by scores on the GMAT;
- Leadership potential and maturity as evidence by prior work experience, extracurricular activities, and responses to the application form questions.
- The following standardized tests may be used for admission into the MBA program: GMAT, GRE, and LSAT. The minimum GMAT (Graduate Management Admissions Test) score of 400 is required for full admission. A higher score is needed if the overall undergraduate GPA is between 2.5-2.7499. The GRE Exam is accepted if taken using the 130-170 scale (August 2011 to present) with a minimum GMAT equivalent score of 400. The GRE-GMAT Conversion Table may be found at http://www.ets.org/gre/institutions/about/mba/comparison_tool/ . A LSAT Exam taken within the past five (5) years with minimum score of 141 is also accepted. Prospective students are exempt from standardized testing if they meet the following criteria: hold a CPA license, or either a JD, doctorate, or a Master’s degree in (most) Engineering concentrations.
- Students who have not reached the standardized test qualification are invited to enroll in the Personal Enrichment Program as non-matriculated students and may enroll for a maximum of two (2) 500-level MBA core courses. The student is expected to successfully pass the one of the standardized tests listed no later than the completion of the second course in order to continue their MBA program.
- Two professional and/or academic letters of recommendation that address the applicant’s potential in the profession and ability to complete a graduate program
- Personal Statement that addresses the reason you are interested in pursuing graduate work in this area of study
- A current résumé.
- Students for whom English is a second language must submit official score results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The required minimum acceptable TOEFL score is: 85 Internet-based (213 computer based or 550 paper-based) or minimum IELTS score: 7.0.
Send application materials to:
Graduate Admissions Processing Center
15 Dan Road, Ste. 102
Canton, MA 02021
International students should send their application materials to:
720 Northern Blvd.
Brookville, N.Y. 11548-1300 USA