The College of Management Business Program has established the following criteria as the most critical in the evaluation of candidates for graduate study:
- Scholastic achievement and a desire to excel as evidenced by previous academic work.
- Aptitude for graduate study as indicated by scores on the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT).
- Motivation, leadership potential and maturity as evidenced by prior work experience and extracurricular activities.
Applicants to the Master of Business Administration (MBA) must submit the following items for admission.
- Application for Admission
- Application fee: $50 (non-refundable)
- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA of 2.75 from an accredited college or university. Students who do not meet these requirements are welcome to discuss their options for admission with the graduate advisor. No specific undergraduate major is required for application. Applicants who are in their senior year at an undergraduate institution may apply for admission to the College of Management, but acceptance will be made contingent upon submission of final grades and receipt of the bachelor’s degree. Applicants who have attended institutions outside the United States must hold a degree equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree.
- Official copies of your undergraduate and/or graduate transcripts from any college(s) or universities you have attended.
- Although most applicants achieve a score of 500 or higher, a minimum GMAT (Graduate Management Admissions Test) score of 400 is required for full admission (higher if the overall undergraduate GPA is under 2.75.) Students who have not yet taken the GMAT are invited to enroll in the Personal Enrichment Program as non-matriculated students and take up to two 500-level MBA core courses. The student is expected to successfully pass the GMAT Exam no later than the completion of the second course. The GMAT in not required if a student has taken the LSAT Exam within the past five (5) years and has received a minimum score of 141. Those students holding CPA license, JD degree, doctorate degree, or a Master’s degree in Engineering also are exempt from the GMAT. The GRE is not accepted for admission into the LIU Post MBA program.
- Two professional and/or academic letters of recommendation on company letterhead that address the applicant’s potential in the profession and ability to complete a graduate program.
- Personal Statement that addresses the reason you are interested in pursuing graduate work in this area of study.
- A current résumé.
- Students for whom English is a second language must submit official score results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The required minimum acceptable TOEFL score is: 85 Internet-based (213 computer-based or 550 paper-based) or minimum IELTS score: 7.0.