Flexible schedules are available for the working professional. Students should normally complete the combined program within six years.
Admission will be restricted to those who meet the entrance criteria of each educational institution separately, including appropriate score on the LSAT exam. Both LIU Post and Touro Law Center provide academic counseling to help you with your plan of study.
For Touro Law Center:
Students must be approved for admission to Touro Law Center before applying for the joint J.D./M.P.A. degree. For more information and to apply to Touro Law, please click on www.tourolaw.edu. Prospective students may also contact George Justice, Assistant Dean for Admissions, at 631-761-7011 or email@example.com.
For LIU Post:
The College of Management’s M.P.A. in Health Care Administration Program has established the following criteria as the most critical in the evaluation of candidates for graduate study:
- Scholastic achievement and a desire to excel as evidenced by previous academic work.
- Motivation, leadership potential and maturity as evidenced by prior work experience and extracurricular activities.
Applicants to the Master of Public Administration (M.P.A.) at LIU Post must submit the following items for admission.
- Application for Admission.
- Application fee: $40 (non-refundable)
- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA of 2.5 from an accredited college or university. Students who do not meet these requirements are welcome to discuss their options for admission with the graduate advisor. No specific undergraduate major is required for application. Applicants who are in their senior year at an undergraduate institution may apply for admission to the College of Management, but acceptance will be made contingent upon submission of final grades and receipt of the bachelor’s degree. Applicants who have attended institutions outside the United States must hold a degree equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree.
- Official copies of your undergraduate and/or graduate transcripts from any college(s) or universities you have attended.
- Copy of LSAT score taken within the past five (5) years with a minimum score of 141.
- Two professional and/or academic letters of recommendation on company letterhead that address the applicant’s potential in the profession and ability to complete a graduate program.
- Personal Statement that addresses the reason you are interested in pursuing graduate work in this area of study. Please indicate you are interested in the J.D./M.P.A. Program.
- Students for whom English is a second language must submit official score results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The required minimum acceptable TOEFL score is: 85 Internet-based (213 computer-based or 550 paper-based) or minimum IELTS score: 6.5.
Send application materials to:
Graduate Admissions Office
720 Northern Boulevard
Brookville, N.Y. 11548-1300