All undergraduate and graduate programs at LIU Post are registered with the New York State Education Department and accredited by the Commission of Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools. In addition to the entire University, various other academic programs in the College of Management are specially accredited by professional organizations, signifying they meet the highest standards of educational quality as determined by leaders in the field.
Organizations that professionally accredit LIU Post College of Management academic programs are indicated below.
AACSB International Accreditation
The College of Management’s bachelor’s and master’s degree programs in business, including the M.B.A., are accredited by AACSB International – the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, the world’s leading business school accrediting organization. AACSB accreditation represents the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide; fewer than five percent of American schools and 15 percent of international programs can claim this distinction. Institutions with this credential confirm their commitment to quality and continuous improvement through a rigorous and exacting peer review process.
AACSB members meet the most demanding standards of academic excellence and superior faculty resources, and ensure that the education provided reflects a comprehensive understanding of today’s complex business environment. For more information about AACSB visit www.aacsb.edu.
National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration (NASPAA)
The Master of Public Administration program is accredited by The National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration (NASPAA). Founded in 1970 and incorporated in 1977, the association serves as a national and international resource for the promotion of excellence in education and training for public service. Its institutional membership includes more than 260 U.S. and non-U.S. university programs in public affairs, public policy, public administration, and public management.
NASPAA accomplishes its purposes through direct services to its member institutions and by:
- Developing appropriate standards for educational programs through its Commission on Peer Review and Accreditation;
- Representing to governments and other institutions the objectives and needs of education for public affairs and administration;
- Encouraging curriculum development and innovation and providing a forum for publication and discussion of education scholarship, practices, and issues;
- Undertaking surveys that provide members and the public with information on key educational issues;
- Meeting with employers to promote internship opportunities for students and employment for graduates;
- Undertaking joint educational projects with practitioner professional organizations; and
- Collaborating with institutes and schools of public administration in other countries through conferences, consortia, and joint projects.