Campus Services for Adult Students
- Advisement – specialized academic and career advice and guidance designed for those over the age of 25
- Career Services – Resume writing, interviewing and job-planning assistance
- Tilles Center for the Performing Arts – Discount tickets to world-class shows and concerts
- Pratt Recreation Center – Free membership to racquetball courts, swimming pool, jogging track, weight room, aerobics and yoga classes
- Alpha Sigma Lambda – National honor society for adult learners
- ASAP (Adult Students at Post) - Networking organization for adult students
- Green and Gold Club – Monthly social gathering spot for university faculty, staff and students
Credit for Learning Outside the Classroom
LIU Post offers you course credit for knowledge obtained in ways other than study at a two- or four-year accredited college. You may be eligible to earn undergraduate credit for what you have learned through employment, military life, life experiences or other activities. You can earn credit by developing portfolios that document your experiences. The knowledge must be equivalent to what would be learned in an LIU Post undergraduate course as determined by the university’s academic departments and deans.
Return to Learning Workshops
Adult learners entering college may not have been in a classroom for a decade or more and may benefit from a refresher session on studying and test-taking. To assist students in getting back into the comfort zone of learning, LIU Post offers Return to Learning Workshops that will help you with memorization, note-taking, test anxiety, library resource navigation and online course learning. We offer help desk support, demonstrations and guidance for those taking online courses using Blackboard technology.