- Incoming freshmen must have a solid B average (3.0 or 82-85 grade point average) and an average SAT score of 1000 (Critical Reading and Math combined) or ACT Composite of 20 or above. Transfer students must have completed more than 24 college credits. A minimum college G.P.A. of 2.0 is required for application review. When students have completed fewer than 24 credits, they must also submit high school transcripts and SAT/ACT scores.
- Admission to the upper division of the B.A. in Economics/M.B.A. program (master’s degree level) requires completion of at least 60 credits with a grade point average of no lower than 3.0 (B) overall and a major grade point average of no lower than 3.0 (B). In addition, before taking the 600-level courses, as specified below, students must meet the GMAT and GPA index requirements:
- At least a grade of B (3.0) or better in all of the following undergraduate courses (or their equivalents if taken at another college/university):
• ECO 11 AND ECO 12
• ACC 11 OR ACC 12
• FIN 11 OR FIN 12
• MAN 11
• MKT 11
• ECO 72 or QAS 20
- Minimum GMAT score of 400; and
- Meet the same standards for admission to the MBA portion of the program as students who apply from other schools, or who have already completed a bachelor’s degree at LIU Post.
Submitting an Application for Admission
All applicants can apply for admission to LIU Post at My LIU or by using the Apply Now button in the upper right-hand corner of this page. For more information on the application process, visit the Admissions Office home page.