For admission to the Archives and Records Management program only, applicants must submit:
- Submit the Long Island University Online Application for Admission and select "LIU Post" in the "Campus" field.
- Application fee: $40 (non-refundable)
- Official copies of your undergraduate and/or graduate transcripts from any college(s) or universities you have attended.
- Applicants must have achieved at least a 3.0 grade point average or equivalent in a bachelor's program or in the last two years of the undergraduate program. Applicants who have not have completed their degrees prior to submitting the admission application should submit a transcript without the final semester's grades. Such applicants may be accepted pending receipt of their final degree noted.
- Applicants whose undergraduate average is below a 3.0 will be required to submit the results of the Graduate Record Exam (300 score of above using new scale) or Miller Analogies Test (412 score or above) taken in the last five years. Students already holding a master's degree or who can show successful completion of coursework in graduate school will not be required to take the GRE or MAT exams.
- Two professional and/or academic letters of recommendation that address the applicant's potential in the profession and ability to complete a graduate program
- A current résumé
- A written statement that describes the applicant's motivation for seeking the certificate, special areas of interest, and career objectives in the profession (500-1000 words). You may submit this statement in lieu of the Applicant's Personal Statement requested as part of the Online Application for Admission.
- Students for whom English is a second language must submit official score results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The required minimum acceptable TOEFL score is: 79 Internet-based (213 computer based or 550 paper-based) or minimum IELTS score: 6.5.
About the M.S. in Library and Information Science
Students may obtain the Advanced Certificate in Archives and Records Management concurrent with the 36-credit M.S. degree in Library and Information Science.
Send Us Your Application Materials
Graduate applicants can send their admissions materials to:
LIU Post Graduate Admissions Processing Center
P.O. Box 805
Randolph, MA 02368-0805
International applicants should send their admissions materials to:
720 Northern Blvd.
Brookville, NY 11548-1300 USA