Applicants to the M.S.Ed. in Special Education: Concentration in Autism must meet the following requirements for admission.
- Application for Admission.
- Application fee: $50 (non-refundable).
- Official copies of your undergraduate and/or graduate transcripts from any college(s) or universities you have attended.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least a 2.75 in the candidate’s major field and a 2.50 cumulative average in undergraduate studies. In addition, a provisional or initial teaching certificate is required. Special education applicants must hold provisional or initial certification in elementary or childhood education.
- Personal Statement that addresses the reason you are interested in pursuing graduate work in this area of study.
- Students for whom English is a second language must submit official score results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The required minimum acceptable TOEFL score is: 79 Internet-based (213 computer based or 550 paper-based) or minimum IELTS score: 6.5.
Send application materials to:
Graduate Admissions Office
720 Northern Boulevard
Brookville, N.Y. 11548-1300