Course Schedule 2013-2015 Cohort
September 2013 to May 2015 (30 Credit Program)
Each cohort may have slightly different courses or course sequencing and timing, which is determined based on the target cohorts and before recruitment begins for each.
Fall 2013 (6 credits)
The program builds a foundation of skills and understanding of 21st century pedagogical possibilities for the rest of the program.
- EDI 661 Transforming communities of practice: Applications, technologies, & implementation 82
- EDI 662 Transforming communities of practice: Technology-rich learning environments 75
Spring 2014 (6 credits)
Beginning early in 2014 (January and February) a strong pedagogical foundation is built, and then the March through June courses are designed to begin developing internet based learning and developing assessment models for them.
- EDT 706 Found. of Ed. Tech.: Learning Theories, Critical Thinking, & Technologies for Teaching and Learning (January/February, 2014)
- EDT 812 – Designing Internet-based Instruction for the K-12 Classroom (March-June)
- EDT 746 – Outcomes Assessment for Educational Technologists (March-June)
Summer 2014 (3 credits)
One flexible, online course where students learn how to design 21st century digital learning systems for students with disabilities.
- EDT 908B – Assistive and Instructional Technologies for Individuals with Disabilities: Current Research and Practice
Fall 2014 (6 credits)
As the program moves into its final 12 credits, students dig deep into the research about digital learning and evaluating it while developing their own online, multi-mediated models.
- EDT 726 - Foundations of Educational Technology II: Fundamentals of Educational Research in Technology-Enriched Learning and Evaluation
- EDI 663 - Technologies in the 21st century: Applying Digital Media and Multimedia in Teaching and Learning
Spring 2015 (6 credits)
The program closes with students envisioning as future in education where technologies may be extensively used and how to move there. They complete their own technology based learning models.
- EDT 776A - Culminating Experience: Issues, Challenges, and Opportunities for Applying Technologies in Learning Systems
- EDT 776B - Culminating Experience: Actualizing Systemic Technology-Based Learning