B.S. in Information Management and Technology
In the Information Age, successfully storing, retrieving and using data is of paramount importance in every aspect of our lives. Business, health care, security, education, the environment – all of these fields and many more rely on the ability to preserve and deploy knowledge. LIU Post’s Bachelor of Science program in Information Management and Technology prepares graduates to function in an information-driven, high-technology environment.
The 129-credit program includes coursework on legal and ethical issues in information technology, the role of information in society and advanced information access and retrieval. Knowledge of the services and technologies that facilitate the management and use of information by individuals and organizations are the backbone of the program. The B.S. in Information Management and Technology will give you a wide array of career choices and provides an excellent foundation for further study at the master’s or doctoral levels.
Upon completion of the program, you will be able to:
- Analyze information needs and uses of an organization
- Organize information in user-friendly formats tailored to user needs
- Design information storage systems
- Use information technologies in management of information
- Understand information-seeking behavior
- Evaluate the relevance of information