Applicants to the M.S. in Information Systems must meet the following requirements for admission.
- Application for Admission
- Application fee: $50 (non-refundable)
- Official copies of your undergraduate and/or graduate transcripts from any college(s) or universities you have attended.
- Applicants are required to have a baccalaureate degree with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or equivalent. To enter the program as a full matriculant, the student must have majored in either Computer Science or Information Systems or have equivalent professional experience. Any applicant who lacks this required background will be admitted to the program on a conditional or limited matriculated basis until he or she completes the necessary pre-core courses described below. See “Conditional Admittance.” Two professional and/or academic letters of recommendation that address the applicant’s potential in the profession and ability to complete a graduate program.
- Personal Statement (500 to 1,000 words) that describes your reason for pursuing graduate work in this area of study.
- Students for whom English is a second language must submit official score results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The required minimum acceptable TOEFL score is: 79 Internet-based (213 computer-based or 550 paper-based) or minimum IELTS score: 6.5.
Send application materials to:
Graduate Admissions Processing Center
15 Dan Road, Ste. 102
Canton, MA 02021
All applicants to the graduate Information Systems program must meet the criteria listed in the Admission Requirements section. Any applicant who lacks this required background will be admitted to the program on a conditional or a limited matriculated basis until he or she completes the necessary pre-core courses described below.
(Required for individuals who have insufficient academic background to begin the master’s program.)
The pre-core courses can be completed in one year or less and they prepare a student to take the courses required for the graduate information systems program.
Course (18 credits)
CS 502 Computers and Programming (3)
CS 504 Intermediate Programming (3)
CS 506 Networking Systems Fundamentals (3)
CS 508 Computer Systems and Architecture (3)
CS 540 Database Fundamentals (3)
CS 554 Information Systems Development (3)