Applicants must have a minimum of 60 college credits (18 of which must be in general education), or an associate’s degree or a bachelor’s degree.
The application procedure is as follows:
- Submit a completed application with a $30 (nonrefundable and nontransferable) fee payable to Long Island University.
- Include a double-spaced 200 word statement with your application. (Directions and required content provided on application.)
- After receipt and review of your application, you will be contacted for a personal interview. Please include your preferred phone number and email on the application.
- Request your undergraduate school to submit an official transcript directly to the Legal Studies Institute, Paralegal Studies Program.
- Provide two professional letters of reference sent directly to the Legal Studies Institute, Paralegal Studies Program.
- After your personal interview and receipt of your required documents, a decision will be made as to your acceptance into the program.
To obtain the Paralegal Studies Program application and reference forms, click here.