Post & Beyond
Post and Beyond: A Student Research, Experiential Learning, and Community Service Symposium
April 20, 2016
Call for Proposals
Post and Beyond Guidelines:
• Graduate and undergraduate students who are participating in research projects or internships this academic year are encouraged to submit a Proposal Form by March 9, 2016.
• The definition of undergraduate research proposed by the council on Undergraduate Research is “An inquiry or investigation conducted by an undergraduate student that makes an original intellectual or creative contribution to the discipline.”
• We are encouraging undergraduates to submit proposals with the understanding that the original contribution to the discipline may not yet be complete, or may be completed in the future by a different student or researcher.
• Graduate students should submit with a complete contribution to the discipline, similar to what would be presented at a professional conference.
• Research mentors should encourage and assist students in preparing their applications.
• Student participants must attend a mandatory poster workshop on March 16 during common hour in Life Science 141.
• Student participants must be present during the Symposium on April 20, 2016.
• Poster printing will be paid for by LIU Promise, the sponsor for this event.
SUBMIT A PROPOSAL BY CLICKING HERE. DEADLINE TO SUBMIT IS MARCH 9, 2016.