Director of Fine ArtsAssociate Professor of Art
B.F.A., Maryland Institute of ArtM.F.A., Pratt Institute
Seung Lee is a Korean-American contemporary artist. His paintings, drawings and large-scale installations have been exhibited extensively in the United States as well as internationally. Lee has had over 25 solo and over 80 group exhibitions. He has received numerous reviews in The New York Times, Newsday, Art Word magazine, Art Price magazine and Art in Culture magazine, and was included in “Artist Profiles of Korea and Japan.”
Painting, Drawing, Installation Art, Mixed Media
Solo exhibits in Paris, France; Seoul, Busan and DaeJeon, Korea; Kyoto, Japan; Florence, Italy; New York City; Long Island; and Maryland.
- Recipient, Mandelbaum Merit Scholarship to study at the Studio Art Center International, Florence, Italy
- Artist Residency, Paik Hae Young Gallery’s Guest House, Choung Pyong, Korea
- Judge, Tri-county Art Exhibition for Town of Oyster Bay, Korean Young Artist Competition, Long Beach Art League’s Calendar Competition, Suburban Art League Exhibition, National Women Pen Association Annual Exhibition, Citi Bank Art Competition and Young Korean Art Exchange Exhibition at Space World Gallery
- Member, Board of Directors, Alpan Gallery, Huntington, N.Y.
- Member, College Art Association
- Member, Korean American University Professors